T-Mobile’s iconic Sidekick gets a remake — inspired by the past but stepping boldly into the future with revolutionary AI, headphones that double as chargers… and more
Bellevue, Washington — April 1, 2018 — It’s time for a comeback. T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced it’s bringing back its most beloved and iconic device — the Sidekick! And it’s even better than you remember! Rebooted for the new millennium with a nod to the cult classic that changed everything, the Un-carrier’s latest innovation brings all the fun and function that you loved from the original Sidekick, combined with state-of-the-art design, to create an entirely new category of smart device. Today, T-Mobile unveils the world’s first Smartshoephone™: T-Mobile Sidekicks.
The Sidekick is a cult classic, but no matter how many times Dwyane Wade asked us to bring it back, custom design specifications prevented T-Mobile from touching the much-loved icon. That is, until the Un-carrier’s genius experience engineers conceived of their patent-pending ‘Step into Something Amazing’ Foot-First design. The kicks concept was realized. And, thus, T-Mobile Sidekicks were born.
As fun as they are functional, T-Mobile Sidekicks are fully tricked out for speed on the fastest LTE network ever and optimized for unlimited data with T-Mobile ONE, of course. And just like the original, T-Mobile Sidekicks are designed for sharing and connection.
T-Mobile Sidekicks come complete with vintage touches:
- Bonus Slide-Out Screen – Built into the sole. Just like the OG Sidekick!
- Toe Tap Contact Share – Sidekicks are still all about sharing and adding new contacts has never been easier – just toe tap to exchange info
- Lights Up – when you receive a call, your kicks light up just like the vintage scroll-wheel!
- Edge to edge smart design synaptic touchscreen on the sole that can handle the heaviest of footsteps
- Sole Speakers – Better sound than any phone on the market today thanks to the size of the Smartshoephone. Sync up with other Sidekicks to create your own Lollapa-shoe-za!
- Retractable Smart Laces – Laces aren’t just laces, they’re retractable hi-fi buds AND double as charging cords that plug into any standard outlet
- “Hey Sidekicks” – Revolutionary AI and your very own no-BS personal voice assistant: John Legere! Simply say “Hey Sidekicks” and ask about anything from traffic to the best slow cooker recipes
- Weather proof – Puddles, snow, mysterious subway liquid – Sidekicks are invincible with patented technology
- Fitness Tracker – Never miss a step with THE most accurate step counter ever because they are actually on your feet
- Bluetooth Enabled – Headphones, cars, speakers and more. Sidekicks have you connected 24/7
And T-Mobile Sidekicks are already incredibly popular, check this out:
Treat those feet with your very own pair of T-Mobile Sidekicks — yes, really! — by placing a pre-order at www.BeMagenta.com before Sunday, April 15. (Note: T-Mobile Sidekicks on BeMagenta.com are high-fashion sneakers that have none of the features called out above — well, except the magenta. They are magenta AF.)
Learn more about T-Mobile Sidekicks at www.T-Mobile.com/Sidekicks.
No Legal Disclaimer is needed because T-Mobile Sidekicks—and all the functionality claimed in this release—are an April Fool’s joke. But you really can order the shoes to wear (without the high-tech features) at BeMagenta.com today!
About T-Mobile US, Inc.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. Our advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 72.6 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
T-Mobile US Media Relations
877-281-TMUS OR 212-358-3210