J.D. Power Wireless Customer Care Study
! That makes it three times T-Mobile’s been on top over the last four award periods. Amazing progress for our team -—especially when you consider the fact that in 2013 we were a distant fourth (of four) in these Customer Care rankings. But our team’s focus and determination has us winning now, and it has become a trend.
Let me tell you, our Care teams have earned
every one of those top JD Power honors. They crushed it. All we really did was get out of their way. At T-Mobile, our awesome Customer Care team has been one of the biggest keys to our success. Our people WANT to help customers. They WANT to deliver the best care. We just had to get rid of the crap that was getting between our amazing customer care team and our customers and then let them go for it!
I still dial in and listen to the customer care lines some nights, and I am BLOWN AWAY by this team’s commitment, patience and caring. I am so damn proud to have these people with T-Mobile. They represent the very best of Un-carrier, and this is 100% their award.
And it’s more than just JD Power awards the team’s been racking up lately. Lots of studies are finding that Un-carrier customers are simply more satisfied than “carrier” customers
. Here are just a few:
- A MAJOR consumer group recently ranked T-Mobile the #1 national wireless provider based on a nationwide survey and others are backing that up.
- T-Mobile’s Net Promoter Score is now the highest among national providers. This is a summary of positive and negative sentiment designed by Bain that reflects customers’ likelihood to recommend a provider.
- Our analysis of Nielsen Mobile Insights latest research shows T-Mobile now leads every one of the big carriers in overall customer satisfaction.
- T-Mobile customers have reported the highest levels of customer service satisfaction among all national wireless providers.
- AND our customers are now more likely to recommend T-Mobile to others than customers of any of the major carriers—Verizon included!
Still, we aren’t satisfied. Honestly, beating AT&T and Verizon when it comes to caring about customers is like the Mets winning at little league. Sure, delivering the best care in wireless feels good. But we’ve set our sights higher
. We want to play in the majors. We don’t want to just be the best in US wireless—we want to be among the very best in the world. Think of the most amazing service you’ve ever experienced—maybe it was Nordstrom, Amazon, Zappos, Apple, that boutique hotel or favorite restaurant. That’s the kind of world-class service we’re aiming for. Those are the kind of companies we really want to be compared to in customer care.
You know, for years, most customer care and call centers have had one goal – control costs. That’s it. Get customers in and out as fast as possible with as little manpower as possible (which is why lousy IVR systems were forced on us). Not only does that suck for customers, but it’s just plain bad business.
We have a different vision. We think customer care should have a different goal: satisfying and often astounding our customers. Sure, that’s a little more expensive, but it’s more than worth it when you’re building a business for the long run. So, that’s what we’re doing.
We’ve already started laying the foundation, and I can’t wait to show you what we’ve got up our sleeves. Over the next year, you’re going to see us roll out new capabilities and features that’ll take our customer care to the next level. We’re gonna make care more mobile
– tap into the power of that supercomputer our customers carry in their pockets; more personal
– because great customer care is personal
customer care, pure and simple; and more Un-carrier
– doing what we’ve done all along by challenging the status quo and completely changing the game.
We’re already taking a small first step with the new T-Mobile app. It’s available to millions of customers with Android phones – and rolling out to more in the coming weeks. Today, the iOS version launches in the App Store. With the new app, customers can control their settings, change plans and manage things far more easily. I love this thing. It’s like Bat-gear for the people. And it’s only scratching the surface of what we can do. There’s a lot more to come!
We want to keep making life easier for our customers and maybe even surprise and delight them a bit too! We value them and we are going to keep showing it in everything we do!
Stay tuned for more!
It’s official! We came out on top this morning! Again! T-Mobile has won the highest rating in the