Recognition as “Best Place to Work” extends to Meridian, Idaho; Tampa, Fla.; Atlanta, Ga.; Redmond, Ore.; and Salem, Ore.
Bellevue, Wash. — Jun. 7, 2011
T-Mobile USA, Inc. today announced it has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” in four separate locations in the United States, winning five individual awards.
“These ‘Best Place to Work’ awards are the direct reflection of our employees’ perceptions,” said Larry Myers, chief people officer and executive vice president, T-Mobile USA. “They represent how our employees feel about the company, our work environment, career opportunities and the pride they take in their work. Ultimately, our customers are the winners when our employees deliver an exceptional customer experience.”
The five recent “Best Place to Work” awards include the following:
- Meridian, Idaho. T-Mobile was awarded for being one of the best large companies for the second year in a row by the Idaho Business Review. T-Mobile was recognized for exceptional performance in the areas of Compensation and Benefits, Employee Growth and Development, Work-Life Balance, Workplace Environment, and Company Management.
- Tampa, Fla. T-Mobile received a Top Workplaces award from the St. Petersburg Times for the second year in a row. The St. Petersburg Times and partner WorkplaceDynamics surveyed 24,505 workers from the Tampa Bay area and scored the responses using several factors. Only the top 70 workplaces made the cut, and T-Mobile won third place in the large company division.
- Tampa, Fla. For the third year in a row, T-Mobile was named Best Place to Work by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. Winning companies were selected by anonymous employee surveys measuring 40 attributes known to drive employee engagement.
- Atlanta, Ga. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution included T-Mobile in their list of “Metro Atlanta’s Top 100 Workplaces.” Employees graded T-Mobile on several factors including work conditions, career paths, management, pay and benefits, among others.
- Salem, Ore., and Redmond, Ore. For the fifth year in a row, T-Mobile’s call centers in Salem and Redmond were named to the “Oregon 100 Best” by Oregon Business magazine. T-Mobile was ranked based on employee job satisfaction surveys, as well as a survey describing benefits and workplace policies.
T-Mobile strives to attract and retain the best and most competent people by offering a diverse workplace that fosters personal connection, innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, fulfilling careers and performance-based rewards. With a history of winning “Best Place to Work” awards both locally and nationally, T-Mobile continues to build a workplace environment with a values- and performance-based foundation that drives a constant focus on customer satisfaction.
T-Mobile USA Media Relations