T-Mobile USA, Inc. and Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today launched the new white BlackBerry® PearlTM, featuring a stylish new color for the award-winning phone. The new white BlackBerry Pearl is now available in the United States exclusively from T-Mobile.
A wildly popular and proven product, the BlackBerry Pearl is now available in a lustrous, pearl white finish, as well as piano black. The BlackBerry Pearl shines with its easy-to-use phone, personal e-mail, and Web browsing combined with T-Mobile's affordable $19.99 per month unlimited data plan1. With the BlackBerry Pearl, sending an e-mail or chatting through instant messaging is as simple as placing a phone call.
“The BlackBerry Pearl has set the bar for combining the functionality of a full-featured BlackBerry phone and the ultimate in style, all at an affordable price,” said Mike Butler, Chief Marketing Officer, T-Mobile USA. “Now, the white BlackBerry Pearl provides our customers with another effortless, yet stylish, option to stay connected with loved ones.”
The BlackBerry Pearl is myFavesSM-enabled, allowing customers to have quick, one-touch access to their favorite five friends and family2. In addition to calling, instant messaging and texting, consumers are also just a tap away from sending an email to one of their five myFaves contacts – helping people stay effortlessly connected to the people who matter most.
“The BlackBerry Pearl has proven that it’s possible to provide a full-featured handset at an attractive price point with an uncompromising user experience and an extremely small, light and stylish design,” said Mark Guibert, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Research In Motion. “We are delighted by the immediate success of the BlackBerry Pearl in the market and we are pleased to build on this momentum with the addition of another stunning color and finish.”
With the BlackBerry Pearl available now in piano black or pearl white, customers will be able to connect while expressing more of their individual style. The white BlackBerry Pearl is offered exclusively through T-Mobile in the United States and is immediately available at T-Mobile retail stores, select authorized dealers, online at www.t-mobile.com, or by calling 1-800-T-MOBILE.
Key features of the BlackBerry Pearl include:
- BlackBerry® Internet Service - allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
- Popular instant messaging clients: AOL®, Yahoo!® MSN® and ICQ®3
- 1.3 megapixel camera with 3 zoom levels (up to 5X) and built-in flash
- Multimedia player with stereo headset jack with support for MP3 and AAC music files, as well as MPEG4 and H.263 video formats
- High-performance HTML browser for visiting your favorite web sites while on the go4
- A newly enhanced version of RIM’s popular SureTypeTM keyboard technology that makes typing email quick and easy
- An incredibly intuitive user interface with an easy-to-use trackball, dedicated 'menu' and 'escape' keys, and context-sensitive menus that make navigation feel instinctive and fast
- Intuitive call management features such as smart dialing, conference calling5, speed dialing, and call forwarding5
- First-rate phone features with Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, speakerphone, and Bluetooth® support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS and EDGE network support for international roaming6
- BlackBerry Maps – a new application which adds mapping and location-based services to the BlackBerry Pearl. BlackBerry Maps works together with other BlackBerry applications, enabling the user to send maps via email and launch maps from other applications, including contacts in the user’s address book
- Support for polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ring tones3
- A large, ultra-bright 240x260 color display that brings images to life
- An innovative light-sensing technology that automatically optimizes the screen, trackball and keyboard lighting for indoor, outdoor and dark environments
- 64MB built-in flash memory, expandable via microSD expansion slot
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support – integrates with Microsoft® Exchange, IBM Lotus® Domino® and Novell® GroupWise® environments and features a new set of IT policy controls for IT departments to manage camera and expanded memory usage
The new white BlackBerry Pearl also comes with a complement of white accessories – stereo headset, travel charger and USB cable -- that are included in the box. Additional accessories for BlackBerry handsets, including premium leather holsters and totes, an automotive charger, and Bluetooth® headsets are available online and through T-Mobile retail outlets.