T-Mobile USA, Inc., earned the highest ranking from the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study – Volume 2, marking the sixth consecutive period that T-Mobile holds the top spot. T-Mobile not only earned the highest ranking, but its overall customer care score was significantly higher than any other wireless carrier.
T-Mobile is now the only wireless carrier that has swept a J.D. Power and Associates national wireless category for six reporting periods.
"This ranking is an honor because it's the voice of our customers," said Sue Nokes, senior vice president of Sales and Customer Service, T-Mobile USA. "At T-Mobile, we are deeply committed to providing the best customer care, as measured not just in wireless, but across service industries, and this award provides direct positive recognition to our front-line employees who consistently put their focus and enthusiasm toward ensuring a customer experience that is unmatched by any other wireless carrier."
The study provides a detailed report card based on consumer experiences on the phone with T-Mobile customer service professionals, in person at T-Mobile retail stores, and online at www.t-mobile.com. The study notes the following:
- In overall customer care performance, T-Mobile ranks highest among all wireless providers, significantly above all its competitors and the industry average.
- T-Mobile’s Automated Response System (voice-prompted assistance) scores highest among all wireless providers and is significantly higher than the industry average.
- T-Mobile scores significantly higher than the industry average in customers experiencing a hold time of two minutes or less.
- In direct dealings with Customer Service Representatives, T-Mobile is at or above the industry average in all nine attributes measured in the study.
The 2007 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study – Volume 2 is based on responses from 10,500 wireless customers. Interviews were conducted between January and April 2007.
In 2007, T-Mobile has also received the highest-ranking in J.D. Power and Associates studies measuring the following:
- Overall Customer Satisfaction, for the fifth consecutive reporting period, ranking ahead of all other wireless carriers in the Northeast, West and Southwest regions and highest in a tie in the other three regions: the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and North Central
- Wireless Retail Satisfaction, for the fifth consecutive reporting period
- Business Wireless Satisfaction, for service offerings, promotions, cost and customer care
More information about the J.D. Power and Associates study can be found at www.jdpower.com/telecom.