We designed the nation’s densest, highest-capacity network infrastructure around the same IP tech that runs the internet. And we’ve used the mid-band spectrum best suited for carrying data together with a broad fiber deployment unlike anything else in the industry. The result is a T-Mobile network that’s not only faster, but that’s also growing faster and advancing faster than any other network in the nation.
The Un-carrier Network is Faster
- T-Mobile customers have enjoyed America’s fastest 4G LTE network for two and a half years and counting, according to Ookla.
- T-Mobile’s LTE is fastest according to three separate authorities in network performance measurement: Ookla, the people behind speedtest.net; the independent testing firm OpenSignal, a global standard-bearer in advanced, crowd-sourced network performance testing; as well as the Federal Communications Commission, the independent agency charged with overseeing the U.S. wireless industry.
Greater Capacity Means Faster Speeds
- T-Mobile’s network offers more spectrum per customer than either AT&T or Verizon.
- Un-carrier customers love lots of data and use more of it than customers of any other national provider. In fact, T-Mobile’s network carries nearly 50% more data per customer than the industry average.
- We’ve built the nation’s densest, highest-capacity LTE network, with more cell sites per customer than any other U.S. wireless company.
- With 57% of customers’ calls now carried over VoLTE, we’re far ahead of other providers in freeing up even more capacity by migrating voice to VoLTE.
The Un-carrier Network is Growing Faster
- Last year T-Mobile added nearly 1 million square miles of LTE coverage, which now reaches 311 million people—nearly every man, woman and child in America. That’s a full 99.7% of the people Verizon covers. And third party data now shows T-Mobile customers get an LTE signal more often than AT&T customers do.
- T-Mobile Extended Range LTE, which carries signals 2x farther from the tower and 4x better indoors than before, will soon cover 269 million people or 83% of the U.S. population, including all of the top 10 markets and 29 of the top 30 markets in the U.S.
- T-Mobile Wideband LTE, which boosts both capacity and data speeds by up to an additional 50%, now covers 224 million people in over 340 markets nationwide.
The Un-carrier Network is Advancing Faster
In recent years, every meaningful network innovation has been available first on T-Mobile—including VoLTE, HD Voice, worldwide Wi-Fi Calling, Enhanced Voice Services, 4G LTE CellSpots and Rich Communications Services. To name a few.
- First with HD Voice, and first to launch it nationwide, for crystal clear call quality
- First to launch VoLTE for faster call connections, fast LTE data speeds while on a call, HD Voice and seamless transitions between 2G/4G and LTE networks
- First with Wi-Fi Calling worldwide allowing you to move seamlessly between our LTE network and any available Wi-Fi connection
- First with RCS-based Advanced Messaging for rich 1 on 1 and group messaging, including near real-time chat right out of the box
- First to trial deployment of License Assisted Access, an exciting innovation that will increase network efficiency and throughput speeds using unlicensed spectrum
- First and only to offer free 4G LTE CellSpots, the first-ever 4G LTE mini-tower available from a U.S. wireless provider for full-bar T-Mobile LTE coverage throughout your home, small business or virtually anywhere you need it
- First with Enhanced Voice Services, which improves voice call reliability and fidelity over HD Voice
- First with Video Calling so you can see and hear family and friends right from your device’s dialer and right out of the box using LTE or Wi-Fi
For more information about T-Mobile’s network, check out www.t-mobile.com/coverage.
T-Mobile US Media Relations