T-Mobile USA, Inc., earned the highest ranking in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Wireless Customer Care Performance StudySM – Volume 1, making T-Mobile the only wireless carrier to achieve the award seven reporting periods in a row.
“At T-Mobile, our customers are always the No. 1 focus. Receiving an unprecedented seventh award for customer care is something that takes the entire T-Mobile team working together to deliver an exceptional service experience,” said Sue Nokes, Chief Customer and Operations Officer, T-Mobile USA. “This honor demonstrates that T-Mobile’s customer care and retail representatives are one of the best in the business, and their dedication will continue to ensure our customers reap the rewards of their outstanding service.”
The study measures consumer experiences on the phone with T-Mobile Customer Care Representatives, in-person at T-Mobile retail stores, and online at www.t-mobile.com. The study shows:
- T-Mobile ranks highest among all wireless providers in Overall Customer Care Performance, significantly above all its competitors and the industry average.
- T-Mobile’s Automated Response System (voice-prompted assistance) scores highest among all wireless providers and significantly higher than the industry average.
- T-Mobile scores well above other wireless carriers and the industry average because customers experience an average hold time of two minutes or less.
- In interactions between consumers and customer care representatives, T-Mobile is equal to or above the industry average in all nine attributes measured in the study.
The 2008 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study – Volume 1 is based on responses from 12,492 wireless customers. Interviews were conducted between June and September 2007.
In 2007, T-Mobile also received the highest ranking in the following J.D. Power and Associates studies:
- Overall Customer Satisfaction Volume 2, for the fifth consecutive reporting period, ranking ahead of all other wireless carriers in the Northeast and West regions and highest in a tie in the other three regions: Southwest, Southeast and North Central
- Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction, for the fifth consecutive reporting period
- Business Wireless Satisfaction, for two reporting periods.
T-Mobile Customer Care Performance