This hurricane season has been incredibly difficult for many of our customers, but Hurricane Maria was particularly devastating to Puerto Rico.
Right after Maria hit and as soon as we were able to safely begin recovery efforts, our top priority has been to get our network back up and running at 100% as soon as possible. We have had all hands on deck focused on pushing through challenges and we are working 24/7 -- we won’t stop until everyone’s back online. As recovery is ongoing, we will also continue to evaluate how we can support our customers.
Customer and Support Updates (updated as of Oct. 20, 2017):
- T-Mobile has paused collections activity and are issuing service credits for one billing cycle.
- Customers with devices on an Equipment Installment Plan or Jump! on Demand will have their payments delayed for 90 days.
- We are offering a service to help connect with loved ones in Puerto Rico. Click here for more information.
- We continue to support the region through campaigns including free calling, texting and data and text-to-give.
- T-Mobile announced #HR4HR Home Runs for Hurricane Recovery. Click here for more information.
Network Status (updated as of Oct. 20, 2017):
- T-Mobile engineers have restored service at more than 160 sites including San Juan, Guaynabo, Toa Baja, Bayamón, Ponce, Carolina, Ceiba, San Germán and Rio Grande.
- A total of 9 freight aircraft have been deployed to bring needed supplies and personnel to the island.
- 2 barges loaded with additional trucks, Cell On Wheels (COWs), Cells on Light Trucks (CoLTS), RVs, fuel and diesel trucks, and other vehicles have been deployed.
- 130 portable generators are currently on the island and in use.
- Thousands of gallons of fuel have been delivered to the island.
- Dozens of emergency and disaster experts, all of whom worked on hurricanes Katrina, Sandy and, more recently, Irma, and whose specialty is to fix communications systems after natural disasters.
- Approximately 70 members of T-Mobile's Emergency Volunteer Team have been deployed to Puerto Rico to help with various recovery efforts.
Customers in Puerto Rico can find more information here.