1 in 4 new T-Mobile customers say they switched because of services like Music Freedom – now, the Un-carrier is expanding the list … again!
Bellevue, Washington — December 1, 2015 — T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced another upgrade to Music Freedom™ – one of its most wildly popular Un-Carrier® moves. Starting today, 11 new music streaming services – including SomaFM, Spinrilla, Aud.io, TuneIn Premium and a slew of services from hip hop to ambient chill – will join Music Freedom. All this music will stream without ever using up your high-speed data for T-Mobile Simple Choice customers on T-Mobile’s blazing-fast nationwide LTE network.
Today’s news is the latest in a continuing series of upgrades to Music Freedom, which now includes 44 music streaming services, up from 7 when the revolutionary program launched last year – a more than 500% increase. Music Freedom’s services cover more than 95% of all music streamed today, and T-Mobile is adding new services all the time. As always, Music Freedom is available at no extra charge to customers and is completely free and open to any and all music streaming providers that want to participate.
“The carriers tax and toll every note that their customers stream, and consumers know it. Nearly 40% of US wireless consumers avoid streaming music on their phones and over half of them do it because they worry about ridiculous overage fees and bill shock,” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “Those guys see another way to gouge their customers, and the Un-carrier sees another way to give you more freedom! With Music Freedom, our customers stream all the music they want – unlimited and unmetered. The way music is meant to be!”
Music Freedom has been a huge hit with Un-carrier customers who now stream more than 196 million songs daily − up an amazing 311% from when Music Freedom was first launched. If AT&T customers streamed that much music, they could be paying upwards of $2.2 billion a year—and that’s not even factoring in data overage penalties.
Not surprisingly, Music Freedom has also become a major draw to switch to T-Mobile. In a survey of U.S. wireless customers, 1 in 4 said that Music Freedom is a key reason they’ve switched or would switch to the Un-carrier1.
New services added today include:
- Aud.io High-fidelity internet radio
- Dash Radio DJ-driven radio, zero commercials, 24/7
- DatPiff Mixtapes, hip hop music, videos and underground
- Jango Internet radio that plays music you’ll love
- KCRW Music discovery, NPR news, cultural exploration and informed public affairs
- Noon Pacific A weekly mixtape of the best songs hand-picked from the best music blogs
- Radio Danz The world’s pure dance channel
- SomaFM Ambient, downtempo and chill beats from well-known and unknown artists
- Spinrilla Hip-hop mixtape downloads and streams with no downloading limits
- StreamOn Streaming music services powered by StreamOn. Next-level streaming products for the next era of radio
- TuneIn Premium Access to every NFL, MLB, and Barclays Premier League game, over 600 commercial-free music stations, 40,000 audiobooks, and 16 language learning programs
To learn more about Music Freedom, and see a full list of music services that are a part of Music Freedom, please visit t-mobile.com/musicfreedom.
Music streaming not counted towards data allotment on T-Mobile’s network; downloads, video content, & non-audio content excluded. See http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/free-music-streaming.html.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to more than 61 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
# # #
T-Mobile US Media Relations
877-281-TMUS OR 212-358-3210